Tates memorial ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our weekend!

Our weekend was really good! It started on Friday when Wes got off work, I went to pick him up at the hotel where all of his coworkers live. He had forgotten his coat out at the job site and didn't want to leave it there all weekend! I had never driven out there, so I was pretty excited to go out and see where he works!
It was so pretty, I should have taken more pictures with my phone (it was the only camera I had with me) it was just one green field after the next! There were so many farmers out doing things in there fields; as we'd drive by they'd look up and wave at us! I felt like we were there neighbors! Wes has been telling me about this dead armadillo he see's every day while he's out working! I'd never seen an armadillo so it was interesting! It reminded me of the movie Rango, There is an armadillo that keeps trying to make it to the other side! I was a little nervous it was gonna jump and run! We've heard that there are possums all over out here too... haven't seen any of those little creatures yet though!

That evening Wes and our friend Adam Stuart went and helped the sister missionaries move to there new place, I stayed and visited with Kari and her two adorable boys! When the guys were done they came back to the Stuarts and we played hearts!
Saturday and Sunday morning and afternoon we watched and enjoyed General Conference! There were so many great messages! Its amazing to know that our Heavenly Father loves us enough to give us counsel through his living prophets today!

I have been craving Cafe Rio or Durango's so bad since I have been pregnant and in Kansas they do not believe in having those types of restaurants!!! My cravings have been so bad that I have dreamed about eating there! So I got a recipe from a friend for the Cafe Rio Chicken, lime rice, and Spicy tomatillo dressing! So Sunday I attempted to make all of it! The chicken and lime rice turned out good! But for some reason the dressing just tastes nothing like it! If any of you have a recipe for it that tastes just like the "real" thing! Please share!!! I still have more than a month til I can go back to Utah!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so with you on the Cafe Rio cravings! If you find a good recipe, send it to me! In fact, I may go to my facebook friends right now and plead for recipes! We don't have Cafe Rio out here either, and it kills me! I wish they were every where!

    ReplyDelete